History of the College
C.S.T.S.Govt. Kalasala, Jangareddigudem, W.G.Dt. History of the College Sri Chintalapati Bapiraju Dharma Samstha was found on an auspicious day of 27th August 1957. Sri Chintalapati Sita Rama Vara Prasada Murthy Raju, the founder President of the Samstha named it after his late beloved father Sri Bapiraju. Sri Murthy Raju, Ex-Minister, Government of Andhra Pradesh is the Pride and Glory of this state. He is a true Gandian and published hundreds of books on Gandhian literature. He is also a follower of Acharya Vinoba Bhave, the founder of Sarvodaya, to whom donated 100 acres of land for the Bhoodan Movement. He was born in a small village ‘Chinta Nindra kolanu’, in West Godavari District. He was great concern about the development of villages in general and the education in particular with this aim he started 70 educational institutions in rural Andhra Pradesh. CSTS Government College is one among the 70 institutions. The College was started in the year 1974. Sri Chitroju Suryanarayana, a local Philanthropist, donated Land for the establishment of this Institution. The College has been named as Chatrapathi Sivaji Tri Satajayanthi. The college commemorating tri centenary coronation of Chtrapathi Sivaji. In the beginning of the college, B.A., and B. Com., courses were introduced. B.Sc., ( Maths, Physics and Computer Science ) was introduced in the year 2000 and . B.Sc., ( Maths, Physics and Chemistry ) was added to the courses in the year 2001. From its inception the College is serving the cause of education to the socially and economically backward communities ie., OBCs, SC and ST. this is the only Government Degree College in the revenue district of Jangareddigudem, which is predominantly a Tribal area. In the year 1977, Govt. of A.P., entrusted the management of this college to a local Governing body comprising if Late Sri Karatam Krishna Murthy as President, Sri K. L. Veera Raju as Secretary and late Sri P. Seeta Rama Raju as Joint Secretary. Later in the year 1978 Government took over the institution along with 12 other colleges of the Samstha vide G.O. Ms. No. 939, Dt 20-09-1978. However, the college was Physically Taken over by the Government of Andhra Pradesh in the year 1997 vide G.O. Rt. No. 1033 Edn (CE-II) Dept. Dt 01-07-1997. Let us all wish that this Institution will serve the cause of education better in coming years to the poor and educationally backward people who can’t afford education.